Corona current: Mask requirement in buses and trains – join in and protect yourself and others!05.05.2020
At the moment there are significantly fewer passengers traveling by bus and train. This offers enough space and usually allows a generous spatial distance. Due to the current reopening of many shops and the gradual reopening of schools from May 4th, this may change in the next few weeks and it can be assumed that the buses and trains will be full again. We therefore ask you to observe the following rules of conduct and regulations:
• From next Monday, April 27, 2020, the use of public transport will require the wearing of an oral nose mask. A non-medical everyday mask or a cloth that covers the mouth and nose is sufficient.
• Also keep a sufficient distance (1.5 to 2 meters) at the bus stop and when boarding and let the passengers get out of the vehicle first. Don't push and don't be pushed.
• Please spread out in the vehicle so that there is the greatest possible distance from the other passengers.
• Avoid using the bus and train at peak times if possible. There is usually plenty of space outside of rush hours.
• Continue to follow the hygiene measures of the Robert Koch Institute:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Sneezing and coughing in the crook of the arm or a handkerchief (sneezing and coughing label)
- Dispose of the tissue after one use
- Avoid shaking hands
The Association of German Transport Companies (VDV) has created an info film that you are welcome to watch here.